Precise real-time pointing of any payload
FLIR Motion Control Systems, Inc. (MCS) offers a complete line of high-performance pan and tilt devices for real-time, computer-controlled positioning of virtually any payload including thermal cameras, video cameras, IP cameras, laser rangefinders, and microwave antennas. Whatever your motion control device needs, FLIR MCS’s innovative technology and years of application experience can help you create the optimal solution.
Four primary FLIR MCS product families are continually evolving to meet your specific pan and tilt mechanism needs:
- PTU-D300 Family: A versatile group of highly adaptable pan-tilt devices designed to carry very heavy, multi-part payloads including multi-sensor camera systems and antennas as well as payloads on the move.
- PTU-D100 Family: Mid-range pan-tilt models for payloads up to 25 pounds featuring compact size and multiple mounting options for fixed and mobile applications.
- PTU-48 Family: Compact, lightweight, rugged pan-tilt for payloads up to 15 pounds, ideal for mast-mounted and mobile applications.
- PTU-D46 & PTU-D47 Families: Miniature, computer-controlled pan-tilts offer off-the-shelf solutions for positioning of any type of small sensor or other payload up to 12 pounds in an extremely small, lightweight package.
FLIR Motion Control Systems pan-tilt mounts help lower your development risk and increase your first-time application success through innovation, adaptability, quality, and durability.
Customized solutions to meet a wide range of requirements
The MCS engineering staff will work with you to define an optimal solution whether it is a small modification to one of our standard products, a completely new design, or an integration with other system components. The MCS team has broad expertise in electro-mechanical design, embedded and enterprise software design and development, communications, computer vision, robotics and control systems, and more. The MCS high-volume manufacturing process assures that you will receive high-quality products delivered when needed.
Advanced Features and Applications
The Inertial Stabilization Module (ISM) is available as an option for select FLIR MCS pan-tilt models. It provides a complete turn-key integrated solution for low-cost inertial Line of Sight (LOS) stabilization of any payload from mobile platforms including ground, air, and sea. For camera applications, inertial stabilization improves images while on the move. The ISM allows real-time computer control during stabilization, enabling closed loop systems for tracking and slew-to-cue. The ISM provides impressive performance at breakthrough cost points, allowing stabilization to be used in a much broader range of applications. The stabilization provided by the ISM allows the use of higher zoom cameras and is critical for operation of automated video tracking and detection systems aboard moving platforms.
- Low-cost inertial stabilization for MCS pan-tilt units
- Real-time control from computer or joystick while stabilized
- Complementary to electronic image stabilization
The Geo-Pointing Module (PTU-DGPM) is an intelligent module that allows any FLIR MCS pan-tilt unit to be commanded using latitude, longitude, and altitude coordinates (geo-coordinates or GPS coordinates). Once configured, it accepts geo-coordinates over the built-in Ethernet/IP interface and automatically commands the pan-tilt to aim at the corresponding location. This is a powerful capability that greatly simplifies systems integration and allows efficient coordination of multiple sensors and systems. Several cameras/sensors can easily be commanded to look at a single position by simply sending the same GPS command to all PTU-DGPM-enabled pan-tilt units. The Geo-Pointing Module allows control of FLIR MCS pan-tilts from any geo-spatial or map-based user interface